Wednesday, July 7, 2010

trying to make three days seem both long and short, simultaneously

Today I got a great email from a colleague.  She's also a physical therapist, and an educator, who had been to Haiti earlier this year.  She wants to collaborate on something to help train Haitians to provide more rehab services, possibly involving our students, on a regular (probably annual) basis.  Wow.  What an opportunity that would be!  I'm excited by the prospects for the future, but was really floored when she used the word "transformative" to describe her experience.  It's been my secret hope, my unspoken wish, that this trip would provide something of that nature.  I haven't dared say it out loud, for fear of jinxing it, but that's really want I want.  An experience that can transform me, change me, shape me.  So here I am, saying it for anyone to read.  Putting it out there for all of you to know.  Because now, I've got something to live up to, and it's no tiny thing. 

Super thanks to Leah and Judy for their donations that will help fund my translation support (and employ locals for their translation services).

No comments:

Post a Comment