Friday, July 16, 2010

Slow Friday, plus rain

Today was overall slow aside from one busy patch in the mid morning. I
was back at the guesthouse before 3, which turned out to be a good
thing since there was a huge thunderstorm with tons of rain at about 4
pm that lasted nearly 2 hours. It did cool the air down a bit, so that
was nice.

Dinner tonight was amazing--beans and rice, marinated chicken, spicy
slaw, fried plantains, and homemade cinnamon sugar donuts for dessert.
The food overall has been great, even my daily peanut butter and jelly
sandwich I take to the clinic!

A few more people arrived tonight, so it should be hopping here for
the weekend. There's a chance I may be able to catch a ride to a
different beach on Sunday, if there's room in the truck.

I also added a few picture to the flickr feed of my view when I walk
to the clinic. It only takes about 10 to 15 minutes to walk and I meet
all kinds ID locals on the road. Today a young man on a motorbike
practiced his English on me, introducing himself and telling me where
he worked. He was also pleasantly surprised to find my French passible.

I'm hoping to keep the weekend busy, but also get some rest. Off to
see who is winning at BS (or to these missionaries, liar) now.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment