Saturday, July 17, 2010

It's a cool 98 degrees, with thundershowers

Thanks to the thundershowers that started yesterday at about 3 pm, it
feels much cooler today. In that I'm not just sitting and sweating out
of control, but have to actually exert myself to bring it on. Not that
I'm doing much of that this first of my two weekends. So far i've had
two fantastic meals (the ladies that cook here are amazing, I've yet
to have anything less than stellar), had a restful nap, caught up on
writing in my journal, washed a few things in the sink, and read some
of the novel I brought with me.

The other groups now in the guesthouse include a building crew here to
put up 4 pre-fab houses and a group working at the local orphanage. It
seems to always be an interesting mix of people, which does help the
time fly. I will admit to missing Megan and Lauren already, but it was
nice to meet them and work with them even if it was just for a week.
One of the group leaders here was telling me how brave she thought I
was for coming by myself. I found that a little funny, especially
since I've travelled so much. She thought I meant domestic travel, so
I was telling her where I've been. Admittedly many of those were tour
group trips, which made me remember the first time I travelled by
myself overseas--the summer I turned 16 when I was an exchange student
in France. I wonder if that experience is what gave me the travel bug?
The storm seems to have passed and the temp is warming up. I'm going
to enjoy the porch, do some writing (I'm doing a short piece for Today
in PT when I return about my trip), and might wander around the
village of Simone to take more photos. Hope you are all having a great
weekend, too.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment