Saturday, July 3, 2010

One week, that's it!

That's right.  Seven days.  And I've only got 0.66 days of sponsorship left!  $20!
I don't know what to say to that blog writer.  Maybe so many volunteers you saw were affiliated with religious organizations because they've been in Haiti since before the earthquake, or they have the infrastructure to host volunteers.  I'm going to Les Cayes with a religious organization, but not because it's a religious organization, but because I agree with their purpose, they have been delivering rehab services in Haiti since 2001, and they are committed to staying in Haiti.  I didn't want to volunteer with an organization that was going to show up for a year (or even two) and then just leave.  I wanted the commitment. I wanted to be contributing to a solid organization.  The religious part, that just happened.

I'm venturing out on what will hopefully be my last shopping trip.  And I leave in a week.

My eternal thanks to Lo for giving again (another 1/3 of a day), Kathy (1 day), Arlene (1 day), and Megan on behalf of the Marymount DPT c/o 2011 (1 day) for their sponsorship. Thanks! So the magic number today is $20--only 0.66 days left for sponsorship. Hurry now! Use the PayPal link to the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment