Saturday, July 24, 2010

Peaceful, quiet Saturday

Auspicious start to the day...the water pump was on the fritz this
morning. No running water--bucket of water for face washing and
toothbrushing, another bucket and ladle to use to get the toilet to
flush. I had anticipated three weeks of this, but had gotten spoiled
up until today. Needless to say, by this evening it was fixed and I
had a normal cold shower.

I ended up being alone for most of the day. The remaining missionary
group left this morning for their beach retreat until tomorrow night,
and the other couple here spent the day at a local orphanage. It seems
I'm not alone, as Christiana, one of that couple and a PT working with
me at the clinic, had the same illness I had. Bummer for her.
I took a few short walks around town, read a bunch (can't say enough
good things about 'Cutting for Stone', and thanks to Mom for forcing me
to take it with me), caught up on some journalling of my own, and
washed some clothes in the sink.

Not very exciting, but restful. Which after two weeks nearly non-stop,
being sick last week, and having one week left, was a welcome change.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment