Thursday, July 22, 2010

Baby Doc's revenge?

I'm sick. Started at about 3 am. According to the CDC definition, it's
severe traveller's diarrhea. I prefer the name in giving it--Baby
Doc's revenge.

I stayed in and took my cipro, rested, tried staying hydrated. I
feel much better and my GI track has been cooperating since about 10
am. Had electrolyte gel for lunch, and graduated to a Sprite for
dinner. So far so good.

The other big excitement last night, before I fell ill, was that
Christiana went to her room after a late shower to find a huge
tarantula wedged between the window next to her bunk ans the screen.
Needless to say, she spent the night in my room. I'm just glad she
slept through me getting up and down to the bathroom all night.
I'm hoping I will be well enough to go to the clinic tomorrow, even if
it's just for the morning. I figure I've got all weekend to rest, but
I haven't made up my mind yet. Good thing it's the end of the week, so
I will have time to rest and recover before my last week here. That
and at least it's not the dengue.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment