Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ok, I know I said before I liked the rain. Now not so much.

I'm such a complainer. I just wish we'd have a day with sun so my
clothes could get hung out and dry! Tomorrow starts the second half of
my trip with the first serious re-wearing of clothes. Please be dry
tomorrow!

This week is shaping up to be super busy...lots of return visits, 6
ladies staying at the short term rehab for amputations, the monthly
visit from the American surgeon at the hospital. Tomorrow we are also
having a pediatric clinic day for therapy since a few peds therapists
will be working with us.

I'm already getting nostalgic and realizing how much I will miss being
here when I come home. I had a patient I've seen everyday grab me and
give me a kiss today. She's a sweet 70-something year old (doesn't
know her age) who had a stroke last month and should be discharged
when I go home at the end of next week.

This trip has also reminde me how much French I've forgotten and how
much I miss working in the hospital. Two things I need to find more
time for when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment