Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Getting into the swing of things?

Today went well. Moderately busy, but the day in both the clinic and
the hospital ended early. Dr. Hanks returned today and some visiting
PTs and a journalist are here to see what the Advantage Program is
doing.

We went on a home visit to see Cece, a seven yr old boy with
neurological problems who was abandoned at the hospital when he was 3
and adopted by a local family. He wasn't doing well, his wheelchair
was broken as were his leg braces (KAFOs). He also had a wound on his
toe and his bottom that will require he come to the clinic to be
debrided and bandaged.

I also got a tour of the small town where we are, Simone, and visited
the new rehab hospital space, the tiny home of one of the clinic
workers, and Dr. Hanks home. It was an exciting day (and I did upload
some photos to my flickr account).

Bug bite count = 4. Ha, one for each day I've been here!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment