Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Today it was only 101

Slow day at the clinic, but again some very interesting cases. Lots of
people with lower limb amputation, some clearly ready for a prothesis.
There is a husband and wife couple who are prothestists here fron
Nicaragua for the year. And yesterday afternoon was exciting because
some long awaited plater of Paris arrived so they can start making
more prothetics.

The hospital is quite different, people stay much longer since often
homes aren't equiped for any disability. Also, the families are
responsible for providing food to their family member while they are
in the hospital.

Our clinic provides ongoing outpatient and inpatient care, and also
serves as a screening clinic for basic injuries. Yesterday I fitted a
wrist splint for a sprain and today screened a lady who fell for an
ankle sprain. I also provided education and exercises to a young lady
who had Bell's palsy.

Tomorrow should be busy with a lot of return visits. I'm dying for a
big thunder storm. There's been thunder and lightening for two nights
straight, but no rain. I really want some rain.

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an exciting experience! I can't wait to read more :-) Thanks so much for sharing! --Angela Rusher

Anonymous said...

Sharon, you rock! I'm so inspired...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow!!!
Love, Amanda

Post a Comment