Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Today's heroes....Phil & Jim

A big thanks to Phil & Jim for their donations to support my trip. You guys are great! Who wants to be a hero tomorrow?  Just click the donation link and it could be you!

Still need to do some last minute shopping, but I do feel much less anxious today.  It also helps that I've confirmed a ride to the airport, and that all my in-country travel has been figured out (for as much as people picking me up in their trucks and driving me around Haiti can be).

My to-do list for the next 24 hours:
  • Get some Advil that's not in gelcap form. Gelcaps and humidity don't mix well.
  • Triple check my personal first aid kit.  I think I'm missing some stuff (itch cream for bites, meds for possible tummy issues), but had more than I thought.
  • Do laundry!  Nothing worse than returning home after being gone this long to a pile of dirty clothes to go with the dirty clothes you brought back with you.  Except for not having clean sheets on your bed.
  • Debate about what clothes to bring.  Alternate between thinking I've got too many, then too few.  Then worry I will have nothing appropriate to wear in NYC.  Rinse, repeat.
  • PACK!
Last night was a bit hilarious.  I had all the outlets in the living room occupied with chargers (camera batteries, solar charger, Kindle, iPhone, MacBook).  Must find a way to deal with the tangle of cords I need to bring as well.

Today's my last day at work.  I will be doing a bit of work from home tomorrow morning, it was the only day 4 of us could find to record a podcast discussing a recent journal article for PTJ, but plan on doing last minute errands and packing (and re-packing) prior to my pick up for the airport at 1:15 pm (thanks, Tricia!).  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment