Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday

I'm glad we decided in the beach yesterday, since we had a bit of a downpour this morning. Thankfully now the sun is out, and we are hoping for a cooler day today--96 F with maybe 95% humidity.

Yesterday at Port Salut was another gorgeous day, helped by a few cold Prestige beers, some fried fish, and a plate of frites. A few bites of avocado and spicy slaw, and it was another fantastic meal. I remembered to out in sunscreen so I am also not burned.

Did some laundry last night when the generator was running, so at least I will have fresh clothes for this week.

It's my last week here in Cayes, and should go fast. Ulrike, the German pedi PT I worked with some stopped by the clinic in Friday and kindly worked an invitation for us to see the hospital in Bonne Fin where she's been volunteering lately. We are scheduled to go on Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday morning a local artisan is bringing his trinkets for some front door shopping, along with Mde Max who will have coffee for sale. We are going to work Thursday morning at the clinic, but will be driving back to Port au Prince that afternoon. I'm staying in PaP until Saturday afternoon when I catch a ride to Deschapplles. I'm hoping to visit the MTI clinic in PaP on Friday, but could also happily spend the day doing my laundry and catching up on sleep.

Well, I hear banging from the prosthetic shop, so I think I'll go see if Marvin and Carmen need a hand.

I'll try to upload a few more photos (Internet seems to be good today), especially the ones of the cow on the beach. No that isn't a typo. (And Joy, I won't post any photos of bugs, so you're safe!)

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment