Monday, June 7, 2010

33 days, that can't be right?

Time has certainly gotten away from me.  Only 33 days until I leave for Haiti!



I've still got tons of prep work to do.  My students have set up a donation station outside my office, and so far I've got a pack of socks from my boss in there.  Best part, they also donated the great North Face bag to haul all the goodies! And the fees for the extra baggage--these guys thought of everything!

I'm still looking for sponsorship for 11 days of rehab work (at $30/day), some other small costs (evacuation insurance and departure taxes).  But you know what else I'm looking for, your positive vibes!  Leave me a reply here, or over at my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/sharon.gorman) or over on my LiveJournal (http://slgorman.livejournal.com/).  Drop me a line, tell me I'm crazy, give me practical travel advice, or patient care advice (I know some of you are PTs or physicians).  Pump up my spirits, get me jazzed...heck, make me pause and consider how crazy this plan might just be.  But let me know you are thinking of me. Because the closer I get to my departure date, the more I'm thinking about all of you.  And how much your support, in all its myriad of forms, has meant to me.

I'm still looking for sponsors! Use the PayPal link to the right, or donate directly Advantage Haiti, the group I'm volunteering with at their website: http://www.advantagehaiti.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment