Friday, June 25, 2010

15 days left, prep time hitting the wall!

That's right.  Fifteen days left before I leave.  I'm hitting my usual 2 week panic window ("so much to do, so little time"), and I'm trying to keep my head straight.  It was great that I was in Boston at Annual Conference last week, because sharing my volunteer plans with friends I don't see often was energizing.  And it was also great to hear from some others who've been to Haiti, and not only from the "practical tips" standpoint, but from the exciting fact that all of them said they can't wait to go back.  Even the possibility of collaborating with someone on another trip after my return, if I'm interested.  Because there's nothing like word of mouth, and to see their enthusiasm and to watch their eyes light up when they talked about how special the people were, how much they felt there work there mattered, and how much work there is to do...that made it real.  In the best possible way!

And a huge thanks to Jim for putting me into the single digits for donations to sponsor a day of PT.  Nine days left for sponsorhsip, so hurry. And also some other less exciting things like taxes and insurance, for you responsible people who worry.

I'm still looking for sponsors! Use the PayPal link to the right, or donate directly to Advantage Haiti, the group I'm volunteering with at their website: http://www.advantagehaiti.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment