Thursday, May 20, 2010

Inspiration really *is* all around, if you keep your eyes open

I keep looking for inspiration.  I know if I'm going to get to Haiti with the enthusiam and dedication I need to make the difference I'm hoping I can make, I need to stay motivated.  I need to remain inspired.  Especially while I do the mundane preparation (making lists, packing, paperwork, arranging a cat sitter).

Today, someone sent me a link to a blog for a completely un-Haiti-related reason.  It was work that got me there.  I glanced down to a previous blog post and saw this entry about being a bystander or making even a small difference.  I love how that story's been passed down the generations in that family, along with the coins. What we percieve a small matter, even as something just a hair bigger than indifference, is oftentimes percieved on the other end as kindness.  Or gratitude.  Your small attempt to make a difference can be huge to the person on the other end. And there it was, today's inspiration!

I'm making a choice.  A choice to try and make a difference.  Will it be small, will it be big--who knows?  But I'm choosing to not be a bystander.  And for today, that's enough.

I'm still looking for sponsors! Use the PayPal link to the right, or donate directly Advantage Haiti, the group I'm volunteering with at their website: http://www.advantagehaiti.com/. 

1 comment:

Doris said...

And don't forget, changes may not be seen or happened immediately. There may be a delay, and if that's the case, don't get discouraged, it is the process that matters! Doris

Post a Comment