Wednesday, May 5, 2010

How to keep up the inspiration...just look around!

Heh.  I realized it's 69 days until I leave for Haiti.  So of course, must post.  Because I'm five years old.

I've gotten a big dose of inspiration lately from Kaiser's project in New Orleans.  A former student and friend of mine, Amanda, has been in NOLA for the last few weeks working on de-mold-ifying houses, building a playground and baseball diamond, and painting/moving supplies and equipment into a medical clinic.  She sent some great inspiring emails which have boosted my resolve and really got me excited about Haiti.  They've also made me incredibly sad that this type of work is still going on in New Orleans, a city I've been to and loved when I was there.  See more photos and testimonials and hear about the great things some great people are doing to help others right here in the USA. And a big thanks and shout out to Amanda and all the folks with Kaiser who are volunteering on this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment