Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Because who doesn't dream of a 40th birthday bash in Haiti?

New adventure, new blog.  This one's all about travel. Why, where, when, and sometimes how.

What inspired yet another foray into the ridiculously overcrowded blogosphere*?  I'm going to Haiti in slightly less than 3 months.  Yes, you heard that right...Haiti.  I've decided that without grad school to blame, I had no valid excuse for not getting off my backside and doing something I've been tossing around in my head for awhile, namely voluteer overseas as a physical therapist.

I leave on July 10th, and plan on returning on July 31st.  So my 40th birthday will be spent in Les Cayes, Haiti

I'll post more details, include shilling for donations and taking you up help to make this happen, in the upcoming days and weeks.  But I wanted to get in the groove.  I'll also probably migrate some good travel posts from other locations, and update my flickr feed with more recent trip photos. 

In the mean time, welcome and enjoy.

*And in case you were wondering, it did feel just as stupid to type blogosphere as it feels to say it. The more you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment